· Stock market gets clobbered. · Crypto market gets clobbered. · Markets still closer to the top than the bottom. · Productivity sees biggest drop since 1947. · We may already be in an inflationary depression.
· Fed raises benchmark interest rates higher than it has in 20 years. · Lyft stock hits 52 week low. · Jerome Powell admires Paul Volcker, but not for his policies. · New York Times argues for less courage and more cowardice.
· NASDAQ has worst first 4 months since 1971. · S&P has worst first 4 months since 1939. · FANG stocks enter bear market. · Prices increasing faster than wages. · Cathie Wood is the guru of mindless meme stock investing. · Bitcoin HODLers are deer staring into the headlights
· Mortgage are rates too high for anyone to refinance for better rates. · Markets rally on horrific economic news. · Russia ranks higher than Ukraine in economic freedom.
· Elon Musk buys Twitter. · NASDAQ has weakest day since September of 2020. · Indonesia bans palm oil exports. · Bad politics are good for the economy.
· Jerome Powell triggers market selloff after IMF roundtable comments. · Higher inflation is lowering the minimum wage’s barrier of entry. · Bill Ackman loses almost half a billion dollars on his recent Netflix bet. · Bitcoin will crash hard once Paul Tudor Jones bails on it. · Elon Musk’s
· Netflix loses subscribers. · Incomes are collapsing at an unprecedented rate. · We’re probably in a bear market that will last at least a decade. · Slow motion disaster is playing out in Japan. · Sanctions may end up benefiting Russia.
· If the bond market doesn’t crash, the stock market will. · Weakness continues in tech and crypto. · Gold and silver mining stocks show strength. · We’ve never had this much inflation and the Fed has never been this far behind the curve. · Elon Musk is bluffing.
Inflation is double what the Fed admits. March budget deficit is quadruple consensus expectations. Bitcoin struggles. The retired won’t be able to stay retired much longer. Dollar outlier signals its last hurrah.